Wednesday 28 September 2011

Progressive Choseness: Gilad Atzmon Video Analyzes Israeli Zionist Mentality in Stuttgart


Al-Jazeerah




Some Palestinian solidarity campaigners are excited this morning about Rabbi Eric Yoffie's pearls of wisdom. The outgoing President of the Union for Reform Judaism, wrote in a recent blog post for the Jerusalem Post:

"I care about humankind, but I love my own group a bit more. I am more comfortable with them. I care more about them, just as I care more about my family than other families."

People who understand the full extent of Jewish tribalism shouldn't be taken by surprise. Rabbi Yoffie is genuine and coherent. Consequently, his support of The Two State solution is consistent with his Jewish belief system.

"Without a two-state solution." Says Rabbi Yoffie, "Israel will not longer be a state for my group; it will be a bi-national state without a clear Jewish identity. That is not the kind of place where I, or most Israeli Jews, will want to live."

As a supporter of the One State Solution I myself explored this exact issue at the Stuttgart One Democratic State Conference last year.

Needless to say, that the five German 'progressive' Jews who attended the conference insisted on my removal from the Conference's protoc [...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment